Thoughts on versioning

harakim harakim at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 08:28:52 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 30 October 2021 at 05:27:56 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Saturday, 30 October 2021 at 01:46:18 UTC, harakim wrote:
>> Angular was by far the most popular web UI framework for new
>> projects, but lost that edge
>
> Is that true though? What framework is more used than Angular
> for larger web applications?
>
> I agree that a D3 approach is the best option,  but that
> requires a clear direction: more high level or more low  level?
> D3 without focus would be worse...

I totally agree a D3 without focus would be worse. I feel like a
lot of people are hitting the nail on the head. I read Adam's
commentary on his site about needing a vision and there is a post
right now about D's values. If the D community can decide on a
direction and people think it will be successful, they will work
to support it. The ecosystem is not actually that hard to build.
It's mostly built.