What kinds of Software do you create in D.

thedeemon dlang at thedeemon.com
Sat Oct 30 18:57:30 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 30 October 2021 at 01:48:25 UTC, harakim wrote:
> I'm curious: Is there a poll somewhere that asks what kind of
> software projects people write in D? If not, what does everyone
> write using the D Language?

I wrote this video processing GUI app in D using DlangUI:
http://www.infognition.com/VideoEnhancer/

And a photo processing app I still use regularly:
http://www.infognition.com/blogsort/

And a disk space visualizer:
http://www.infognition.com/undup/

The last two were created in D using DFL. Made for Windows but
work well in Wine.

I guess I won't break any secrets if I say quite a few people
work for Symmetry now (me included) and one of our biggest
projects is an interpreter of an in-house programming language
(it was mentioned in some DConf'19 talks).