What kinds of Software do you create in D.

bachmeier no at spam.net
Sat Oct 30 19:55:49 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 30 October 2021 at 01:48:25 UTC, harakim wrote:
> I'm curious: Is there a poll somewhere that asks what kind of
> software projects people write in D? If not, what does everyone
> write using the D Language?

I use it for work as a way to call D functions from R and vice
versa [[project page](https://embedr.netlify.app/)]. That's not
the only library I have for numerical computing, but it's the
only one I've publicized. As with everyone, I don't have enough
time to turn them into public projects.

I'm working on a compiler for a subset of R. When finished, it
will allow anyone to compile bottlenecks in R code, requiring
only type information and not requiring any knowledge of D. Since
not all R code can be made fast or needs to run blazing fast, it
will only be the subset of R for which it makes sense.

I have numerous other projects. For instance, my [tiddlyd
app](https://github.com/bachmeil/tiddlyd) provides a very simple
way to get a TiddlyWiki instance up and running. I've written
utilities for [Obsidian](https://obsidian.md/) that convert my
files to PDF, html, and other formats, convert org-mode outlines
to Obsidian files, convert a directory of markdown files to a
TiddlyWiki app, and many other things.