How can one reliably run unittests

jfondren julian.fondren at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 17:12:50 UTC 2021

On Monday, 6 September 2021 at 16:55:30 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> On Monday, 6 September 2021 at 16:52:38 UTC, jfondren wrote:
>> It came in with https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/1685 ,
>> which also added a lot more control over how the tests could
>> be run.
>>

> https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/1685#issuecomment-256795118
>
> Damn, I don't know who that guy is, but it seems like he
> foresaw the current mess that we are in.

-main wasn't and still isn't a problem for the use case the PR
was authored for, of "I want to run all my unit tests, *only*",
and the approach of the PR approach was completely successful at
making druntime much more friendly to that use case. It had zero
impact on your use case, but you didn't sell it very well by only
mentioning what for other uses was a very trivial inconvenience.