Thank you!

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Wed Sep 8 08:32:01 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 8 September 2021 at 07:51:29 UTC, drug wrote:

>>> I hope so :)
>>
>> Perhaps read some of the old rants then:
>> https://dlang-group.iteye.com/group/topic/20404
>> A lot of theses issues were solved, and not thanks to the rant.
>>
>> The old forums were good but also a festering ground for all
>> kinds of flamewars.
>
> My concern wans't about D itself, it was about the community.
> More accurately I wouldn't state that D won't take off at all,
> but I would state that without the community the language will
> die. Of course I can't see the situation as a whole but I got
> the impression that too many D developers have left due to
> political issues. Bearophile, Hara Kenji (9rnsr), joakim-noah
> for example. I don't know the truth, it's just my impression.

You're entirely right. The problem isn't the language at all. The
problems are all the politic issues that exist. It has existed
for D since early days, like how the community was split up with
tango.

The language is fairly stable and can be used for almost
anything, while library support isn't the greatest then it's not
bad either.

However the politic issues are so terrible and while it has been
worse then there's still so many improvements to be made.

However even with the improvements then it won't fix the past
issues.

Some resolved political issues still remain outside of the
community, because others still think they're relevant like
people still thinking there are two standard libraries etc.