Thank you!

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Wed Sep 8 13:25:44 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 8 September 2021 at 12:12:57 UTC, Tejas wrote:
> On Wednesday, 8 September 2021 at 08:32:01 UTC, bauss wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 8 September 2021 at 07:51:29 UTC, drug wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> You're entirely right. The problem isn't the language at all.
>> The problems are all the politic issues that exist. It has
>> existed for D since early days, like how the community was
>> split up with tango.
>>
>> The language is fairly stable and can be used for almost
>> anything, while library support isn't the greatest then it's
>> not bad either.
>>
>> However the politic issues are so terrible and while it has
>> been worse then there's still so many improvements to be made.
>>
>> However even with the improvements then it won't fix the past
>> issues.
>>
>> Some resolved political issues still remain outside of the
>> community, because others still think they're relevant like
>> people still thinking there are two standard libraries etc.
>
> Although I have known about D since ~2018, I only started
> actively visiting the forums and actually using it a little
> since June this year.
>
> What political issues are you talking about?

People disagreeing with the future of the language, its design,
standard library and management in general.

There was a huge discussion recently due to some PR or something
being reverted and people took sides on whether they
agreed/disagreed with that.

Some contributors even left because of it.

And it's not something new, as it has happened many times before.

There were used to be a split about the standard library too,
where there existed 2 "standard" libraries.

One official and then tango (which of course is somewhat
discontinued and has been for years) - which separated the whole
community into two groups, those who used tango and those who
didn't and often code using phobos couldn't be used with code
that used tango.

That's no longer an issue but you'll still once in a while hear
people bring it up as if it's a current issue.

There are many more.

Personally I don't care much about all these issues but I've seen
them hurt the community over all so many times.