[OffTopic]: Safer usage of C++ in Chrome

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 01:24:32 UTC 2021

On Friday, 10 September 2021 at 01:03:58 UTC, max haughton wrote:
> If I'm not mistaken they do allow exceptions in new code now,
> their famous no exception policy was mostly due to them being
> stuck with old design decisions.

Right.

There's a bad habit among people to say "well company X does this
therefore it must be smart for us too", but often company X does
it because of some problem specific to their
codebase/organization/product which ought not be applied
generally.

I'd note the remainder of that document doesn't mention
exceptions at all, so there's no way to evaluate the reasoning
behind that one mention. It almost certainly is related to their
pre-existing internal condition.