Is Anybody Working on Implementing DIP1030 (Named Arguments)?

Juraj nil at no-mail.org
Fri Sep 10 06:18:12 UTC 2021

On Friday, 10 September 2021 at 04:38:15 UTC, surlymoor wrote:
> It's been almost a year since the DIP was accepted. Has anybody
> stepped up to implement it, and if not, does the DLF have any
> plans to rectify this (insofar as resources permit)?
> It's not easy to find people, especially for tasks like this;
> I'm just curious is all.

Hi,
I had this questions myself, so I played with it a couple of
weeks ago. It was my first dive into the dmd codebase and it
shows. It is super hackish.
Anyway, I was able to get something which passed my tests in like
2 days, but I'm not even sure there is anything salvageable from
that work, as it is full of debug printf statements and global
variables that just shows I had no idea what I was doing :)

Juraj