ImportC and color syntax highlighting

Brian bcallah at openbsd.org
Sun Sep 12 12:14:01 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 12 September 2021 at 09:32:38 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 9/12/2021 2:23 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 9/11/2021 4:04 PM, jfondren wrote:
>>> When running it, it pegs a CPU at 100% because it's
>>> constantly running ttkeysininput(). That's enough to cause a
>>> fan to run at high speed on this laptop. But, that's easily
>>> fixed with select() or similar against stdin.
>>
>> I'm not too familiar with I/O on Linux. If you could modify
>> ttkeysininput() to use select(), I'm interested to learn how
>> it's done. Thanks!

Speaking of I/O: did you know that med will work just fine on
OpenBSD (and every other Posix system, and probably macOS too) if
all the version(linux) are replaced with version(Posix)? This is
because med is using generic Unix I/O.

A PR doing the mechanical change:
https://github.com/DigitalMars/med/pull/9