D and WebAssembly (Wasm)

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 16:33:28 UTC 2021

On Monday, 13 September 2021 at 16:19:31 UTC, Kenneth Dallmann
wrote:
>    Rumor has it that D can compile to Wasm, but only in the
> "BetterC" subset.

See some of my little demos here:

http://webassembly.arsdnet.net/

a blog post about it
http://dpldocs.info/this-week-in-d/Blog.Posted_2020_08_10.html

and some source for the support code
http://github.com/adamdruppe/webassembly/

the approach I took is a miniature custom runtime but there's
also the possibility of a druntime port to the wasi emscripten
uses

https://github.com/skoppe/druntime/tree/wasm

though none of these are complete.

Anyway, the point of my little demo is in 50 KB of webasm I had
my basic game demos running in the browser.

I did partial source ports that just call out to javascript
instead of relying on a copied stdlib. Makes more sense that way
to me and also produces smaller binaries.