D and WebAssembly (Wasm)

Kenneth Dallmann fake at 123.con
Mon Sep 13 18:11:22 UTC 2021

On Monday, 13 September 2021 at 17:19:23 UTC, Ferhat Kurtulmuş
wrote:

> You don't need to compile d code to c. You can use d code with
> emscripten. Sebastiaan Koppe was working on druntime[1] to make
> it possible to use it with webassembly. Dunno its current
> status. Here is also my d game using wasm. It even links with c
> libraries compiled with emscripten.
>
> https://aferust.github.io/drawee/
> https://github.com/aferust/drawee
>
> [1]: https://github.com/skoppe/druntime/tree/wasm

Yeah, thanks for answering! Sounds like you guys got it figured
out. You can just use the LLVM compiler to compile to LLVM
intermediate code and then feed that directly into Emscripten.

   I wasn't able to find this info online, specifically. If this
is true then D is
100% fully executable on via Emscripten Wasm.