Ali's Book - Programming in D - Delivered

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 20:11:21 UTC 2021

On 9/17/21 3:15 AM, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
 > On Thursday, 16 September 2021 at 21:39:31 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
 >> I went to a coffee shop today to improve the Immutability chapter.
 >> (Nothing published yet.)
 >
 > I am looking forward to that! You have stirred my curiosity in
 > https://forum.dlang.org/post/shfpko$2adb$1@digitalmars.com

I've been thinking about replacing 'immutable's of the following type
with 'const' (which I use in my own code) throughout the book:

void foo() {
   immutable i = 42;  // Bad?
   // ...
}

void foo() {
   const i = 42;      // Good?
   // ...
}

I started a new discussion to confuse myself even further before
committing that change. :)

https://forum.dlang.org/thread/sig2d4$657$1@digitalmars.com#post-sig2d4:24657:241:40digitalmars.com

Ali