DUB: json or sdl?

Mathias LANG geod24 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 23:58:23 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 22 September 2021 at 10:19:18 UTC, Ki Rill wrote:
> Out of curiosity, which one do you use in your dub projects and
> why do you prefer one over another?
>
> For example, I use json. Simply because when I see `sdl`, I
> think of `SDL2` graphics library.
>
> What's your reason?

I use `dub.json` because it is well-established and easier for
people to get familiar with. I don't want to force people to
learn yet another markup language to read our package definition.
Well, that's not true... I would prefer to use yet another markup
language (YAML) over JSON, because it's well-established,
supports comments, and is a superset of JSON.