Will D always have a way to rebind an arbitrary data type?

Dennis dkorpel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 16:00:01 UTC 2021

On Monday, 27 September 2021 at 14:34:40 UTC, FeepingCreature
wrote:
> Ping? I feel this is kind of important.

When I try to answer the question, several issues come up.
- I don't understand the concrete problem you're trying to solve.
I haven't found the need for head mutable yet so I don't know the
challenges that arise when trying to write such a type.
- I don't understand the code in your Turducken post because it's
too complex to just read and comprehend for me. I need something
to look for when analyzing code like that.
- The question is addressed to "the language developers", which
is a group of people that come and go and submit pull requests to
official dlang repos. I can't speak on behalf of everyone and
can't promise an indefinite commitment like that.
- What is "value-immutable T" and "correct lifetime accounting"?