LWDR SAOC Milestone 1, Weekly Report for 22nd SEP to 29th SEP

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Thu Sep 30 08:10:40 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 30 September 2021 at 06:53:41 UTC, Dylan Graham
wrote:
> I've had to slightly deviate from the plan due to how [LDC
> handles](https://github.com/ldc-developers/druntime/blob/ldc/src/rt/sections_ldc.d) module information. The original plan was based off DMD's implementation, but those hooks are unavailable on LDC (obviously, in retrospect -_- ). Instead, LDC relies on a linked list, and the initial pointer is available as `_Dmodule_ref`. The linked list contains pointers to `ModuleInfo`, which LWDR can then iterate over.

That's just the fallback for unknown/exotic OS like Solaris.
Changing the compiler to emit the ModuleInfo pointers into the
`__minfo` section would be a simple change in
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/blob/f9ba17248eb53021c91130b0cb7c6c00a3f8074c/gen/modules.cpp#L107-L126, e.g., generally for ELF targets with unknown OS.