[SAoC 2021] Replace druntime Hooks with Templates: Milestone 1, Week 2

Teodor Dutu teodor.dutu at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 19:57:05 UTC 2021

Hi,

This week I finished patching Dan's previous work on the
`_d_arrayctor` and `_d_arraysetctor` hooks. There was no need for
a PR to druntime, as the existing code was working fine. The PR
to DMD is [here](https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/13116).

I've also started working on the `_d_arrayappendT` and
`_d_arrayappendcTX` hooks. As usual, my starting point is [this
PR](https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/9982) form Dan. My current
status is:
- Trying to fix an error at [this
line](https://github.com/dlang/dmd/blob/2defede4b40c63528ad208b7b6dc0089be6cdcac/test/runnable/test21403.d#L13) whereby the compiler generates 3 separate calls to `cat11ret3` when appending the final 7.
- Some tests fail because of linker errors related to the
functions I'm working on. There seems to be an issue with the way
they're mangled.

Thanks,
Teodor