When will you implement cent and ucent?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Apr 1 02:40:45 UTC 2022

On 3/31/2022 11:40 AM, deadalnix wrote:
> So now that you just killed the library solution by having the compiler
> specially recognize it, can we have cent/ucent?

No, because a great deal of the compiler internals would have to be redone for
it. The compiler will also slow down as a result. (The internals all depend on
integral types being able to accommodate the largest integral type.)

> Honestly, I don't care if DMD forward the operation to something in druntime,
> that would at least allow me to have good codegen on LDC/GDC.

I didn't kill the library solution. 'mul' being specially recognized by the
compiler does not change its utility.