When will you implement cent and ucent?

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 05:10:09 UTC 2022

On Friday, 1 April 2022 at 04:48:02 UTC, Tejas wrote:
> On Friday, 1 April 2022 at 03:37:48 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
>> This is something I have long since considered.
>>
>> While dmd may not have been designed for this, it is my belief
>> that this is the only way forward for built in types.
>>
>> As hardware changes over the next hundred years, this will be
>> a major win for whoever does it this way.
>
> So will this look something like
> ```d
> alias i128 = __traits(signed, 128);
> alias u512 = __traits(unsigned, 512);
> ```
> And so on?

Maybe. Some use int32 as the identifier rather than int.

Though my library i specify the bit size and it uses N number of
longs to fulfill that so it could fit any type until there's
hardware support and you just replace the alias.

I don't know. As long as various sizes are supported easily i
don't object to whatever people decide on.