01777777777777777777777 [std.conv.octal]

Adam Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 16:38:58 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 7 April 2022 at 16:28:39 UTC, kdevel wrote:
> That was not my objection. My point is that it won't compile
> for certain valid octal literals.

They're not actually octal literals.

The implementation is (ridiculously) overcomplicated -
ironically, as a result of code review nitpicking types - but the
concept isn't: it *pretends* it is an octal literal. This is a
convenience method that is not expected to work for all possible
values, which is why the string one exists.