01777777777777777777777 [std.conv.octal]

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 17:28:32 UTC 2022

Note, Adam already answered the other questions.

On 4/7/22 12:28 PM, kdevel wrote:
> BTW: I haven't yet taken a peek into the C header inclusion stuff. How
> are octal literals processed in that code?

Octal literals are actually processed just fine in the D parser. You
even get a valid number out of it. In fact, technically the grammar is
all still there intact.

But then the compiler just uses that parsed value to display the error
message.

I would expect ImportC to use the same code, and just not display the error.

-Steve