Phobos v2 asynchronous IO

SealabJaster sealabjaster at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 13:41:17 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 16 April 2022 at 10:19:22 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
> This means that everything should be asynchronous, file
> streams, networking, anything that streams as standard. If this
> is implemented then we also can look into adding native
> asynchronous task support (like C# async).

I'd love it if we finally had a way forward on a proper, standard
async framework to build off of.

However I can already see the endless bickering about extremely
tiny details that people present as show stoppers (and of course
the `but muh -betterC @nogc nothrow pure const auto ref shared`
debate).

So maybe in 10 years once D decides to catch up with modern
application development we might have a proposal ;)

Also, we couldn't even get something 'simple' like string
interpolation into the language, so I have literally negative
hope of native async/await being brought in.

(As much as it sounds like I'm bashing the language, it's still
my favourite, and I bring it up way too much to my work
colleagues)