Phobos v2 asynchronous IO

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Sat Apr 16 16:25:14 UTC 2022

On 17/04/2022 4:17 AM, IGotD- wrote:
> On Saturday, 16 April 2022 at 13:41:17 UTC, SealabJaster wrote:
>>
>> So maybe in 10 years once D decides to catch up with modern
>> application development we might have a proposal ;)
>>

> Yes, that's why I bring this up because creating a good asych API is
> very difficult. That's why we should use Phobos v2 to play around with
> different solutions and hopefully it will converge into something good.

This shouldn't be done in Phobos. It can be done right now separately.

There is a lot of components to this, event loop, file handling, socket
handling, thread handling, queues, timers, future.

The actual async/await type primitives are just syntax suger around that.

Its all on my todo list, but ya know, big list.