Coding Assistance Tooling, why so many scattered projects?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sat Apr 23 15:05:02 UTC 2022

On Sat, Apr 23, 2022 at 02:50:35PM +0000, Salih Dincer via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Saturday, 23 April 2022 at 14:19:37 UTC, Martin B wrote:
> > > An ordinary text editor is enough for me.  And I don't think this
> > > is an exception.  But dub really makes life easier...
[...]
> > Are we talking MS notepad.exe? :)
> > I (also) don´t like big IDEs and prefer rather lightweight editors -
> > sublime text is somewhere between Notepad++ and MS VSCode. But IMO
> > good code navigation, signature/parameter hints and a proper code
> > highlighting are the minimum.
[...]

To each his own, my personal preference is Vim with dmdtags. (But NO
syntax highlighting: I find it unreadably distracting.)  Notepad is a
joke, it's not even under consideration, and I will not touch a
heavyweight IDE with a 10-foot pole. Or anything really that cannot be
used via a text-only ssh remote session.

Of course, I understand that most people prefer something more
comfortable... :-D

Marketing: the art of convincing people to pay for what they didn't need before which you fail to deliver after.