Any potential infrastructure related projects or experiments?

SealabJaster sealabjaster at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 16:05:01 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 24 April 2022 at 14:39:20 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
> Something random that came up in the last hour:
>
> Artifact repository for dub, that supports custom file uploads
> + versions/versioning schemes.
>
> But more long term, there probably is something if you want to
> help out with the in progress infrastructure revamp (ask Mike
> about contributing for that).

I think I might have to send Mike a cheeky email ;)

I do have some ideas flowing about an artifact repo though, so I
might try and get something done this week for feedback.

> Open Telemetry for D

Would be a worth while project, but one that doesn't particularly
interest me.

> Completely different from what you pointed to, but the
> intel-intrinsics project...

Will definitely have a look into that :)

> Maybe dud?

I don't think I have the skills necessary for this, if neither
Robert nor Atila could get anywhere with it.

> Auto-generating AWS API bindings from the botocore definitions
> might be an interesting challenge!

This has been on my radar for a while. I even made a forum post
about it a while back.

This'd definitely make D more usable for my personal use cases
(and maybe even in the company I'm working for), but I need to
scope out the difficulty and if I can manage it myself.