I just created a dub package. Frankly, the whole thign is backward.

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 07:37:42 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 26 April 2022 at 01:56:42 UTC, norm wrote:
> Conan works with either packaged binaries or packaged sources.
> I think the comparison is valid. I also disagree that dub is
> easier. Sure it is much simpler to get started for trivial
> projects but with any non-trivial project you end up hitting
> its walled garden pretty hard.

My (limited) understanding of Conan is that Conan-central
compiles packages to binaries for various configurations (over
100 configurations for C++), but that it also allows for
packaging of precompiled binaries. Isn't this a security hazard?

Is it possible to configure Conan so that it only compiles from
sources and never downloads binaries?