I just created a dub package. Frankly, the whole thign is backward.

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Apr 26 21:16:00 UTC 2022

On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 08:52:06AM +1200, rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d wrote:

> On 27/04/2022 8:41 AM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
[...]
> > I'm really tempted to create a build tool that parses dub.sdl, et
> > al, in the source tree and maps them internally to its own
> > representation that replicates dub's actions, so existing dub
> > projects would Just Work(tm), while exposing a different interface
> > for more advanced use cases. Or perhaps extend dub.sdl for that
> > purpose.
>
> Don't parse the files themselves.
>
> Use $(dub describe) instead.
[...]

I know `dub describe` can do it, but the point is for said tool to run
on a dub project with zero additional effort from the user, and to do so
even if dub is absent.  So even non-dub users can use dub packages
directly.

It is not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money. It is the customer who pays the wages. -- Henry Ford