I just created a dub package. Frankly, the whole thign is backward.

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 22:50:18 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 26 April 2022 at 22:08:27 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> I'm perfectly fine with projects not using dub. Don't listen to
> people who cry about dub usage.

You are missing the important part. Because dub do not play nice
with anything else, that means we might as well use a different
language. My D code can never talk to your D code without an
absurd amount of time, energy and effort expanded.

You apparently had a small taste of that with meson. I ended
discarding meson as an option for reason similar to dub - and
reasons you are experiencing now: meson doesn't play nice with
other kids.

Except meson is kinda asocial, while dub is more like the
Westboro Baptist Church.