I just created a dub package. Frankly, the whole thign is backward.

Tejas notrealemail at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 13:11:05 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 28 April 2022 at 08:21:41 UTC, FeepingCreature wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 April 2022 at 21:38:31 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
>> See I lead a project that uses cmake/ninja. It has
>> dependencies using autotools, cmake, qmake, and even some that
>> uses their own thing. None of that causes any significant
>> problems.
>>
>> But dub don't just want to build the thing or do dependency
>> management. Dub is the true way to enlightenment. You have to
>> do it all the dub way or be in a world of pain.
>>
>> All I'm asking is that you sub guy recognize for other the
>> same thing as you are now requesting for yourself: don't
>> impose a way of doing things on me because it is the one true
>> way™.
>
> We use a non-dub build flow. But integrating dub packages work
> fine. We just grab dub.selections.json, and run `dub build` for
> every dependency, then grab the library path from `dub
> describe` and add it into our DMD build command. I don't
> understand why people say dub is all-or-nothing.

I think the problem is that he's **providing** his stuff to the
dub ecosystem, not integrating other packages from it, forcing
him to use dub's versioning scheme and build system since dub
insists on being the package manager and build system both for
any library that wants to get published on code.dlang.org

I may be wrong though