Why is D unpopular?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Apr 30 17:39:04 UTC 2022

On 4/30/2022 1:32 AM, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> Switching gears to ranges, we have Smalltalk-80 collections as one possible
> example,
>
> https://www.researchgate.net/publication/2409926_Interfaces_and_Specifications_for_the_Smalltalk-80_Collection_Classes

C++ went the iterator approach. Ranges in C++ occurred only after D did them.

Also, Lisp started out as an interpreted language. Native compilation came much
later.

I'm interested in an example of a language that started out as a natively
compiled language, and then added interpretation.

I know back in the 80's there were some C interpreters, but they were not
combined with a native compiler. Nobody thought to put the chocolate and the
peanut butter together.

No version of Fortran I ever used had CTFE.