unit tests with name and verbose report

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Thu Aug 4 19:49:45 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 4 August 2022 at 17:08:39 UTC, Danesh Daroui wrote:

> 1. Would it be possible to have "named" unit tests? Right now
> only anonymous unit tests ara apparently supported in D and
> when the tests are executed no detailed information is shown. I
> would like to see how many tests have been executed, how many
> passed and how many failed and complete names of the test for
> both passed and failed.

I have asked for this as well and it is a simple addition that
doesn't break the syntax

Why is it important?

Often you work on one isolated unittest and you just want run one
for speed reasons and less output. Often you have several
unittests in one file.

I'm puzzled why the maintainers didn't want this early on as it
would speed up the development.