Please release me

Dennis dkorpel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 13:26:35 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 16 August 2022 at 12:34:01 UTC, M.M. wrote:
> I would find it a nice read to know the background on the
> "release process is being updated" changes in the dlang
> ecosystem. Was it announced somewhere on the forum (and I
> missed it somehow)?

It's been discussed in Foundation meetings, which have summaries
posted on the Announce board, e.g.:

https://forum.dlang.org/post/zfmkiqwkkexeaohjsuru@forum.dlang.org

https://forum.dlang.org/post/ntnxtskafgoalcramqry@forum.dlang.org

> Iain went through the release process with Martin Nowak so that
> he could learn how it's done. He didn't yet have the secrets to
> upload to the S3 servers, but he was planning to upload the
> 2.100.0 beta once he got them (and that was announced on April
> 22).

There's been a problem with single volunteers being responsible
for maintaining critical ecosystem services, and we're trying to
step away from that by giving more people access to these
services.