Please release me

max haughton maxhaton at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 17:01:30 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 17 August 2022 at 03:25:16 UTC, linger wrote:
> On Monday, 15 August 2022 at 13:17:33 UTC, Dennis wrote:
>> On Monday, 15 August 2022 at 00:30:13 UTC, please-release-me
>> wrote:
>> If you want the newest updates sooner, you can check out the
>> nightly build on GitHub:
>>
>> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/releases/tag/nightly
>

> if github nightly is usable, why not just upload release to
> github? like LDC did.

We've basically sorted out where to host the release, they're
currently being transferred as I write this, the thing that's
really blocked this is that the human side of releasing a D
release has changed *and* how the cryptographic signing is done
is changing too. This requires spending money so progress hasn't
been as fast as it necessarily should've been.

Personally I think we should use Github releases for more things
but that side is done now.