D tooling is disappointing

jordan4ibanez jordan4ibanez002 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 02:14:55 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 20 August 2022 at 01:54:40 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 8/19/22 18:39, jordan4ibanez wrote:
>> The only real problem I have with D tooling is that when I
>> open large files, it slows to a crawl. I've never heard vscode
>> max out my pc's fans before
>>

> Same problem with d-mode in Emacs. Recommended advice was to
> use small files. (I am not revealing who said that. :) )
>
> Ali
Oh I understand that haha. I have a Noctua NH-D15 with Thermal
Grizzly on top of a 5600x at 4.4GHz and a 15,000 line file was
making my fans ramp up to 100%. I was shocked. Not really because
of the fans but because everything else was going smoothly, very
strange. You would think such a high cpu usage would be slowing
the whole system down. I'm not sure why it's happening. Perhaps
whatever the logic loop is in the executable is recursing on
itself? Maybe it gets stuck trying to run logic checks on things
that aren't changed? I am just spitballing ideas