Movement against float.init being nan

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 01:30:20 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 25 August 2022 at 01:19:55 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> If the hydraulic lines are hooked to the wrong ports, the
> airplane will be uncontrollable and will crash.

oh ye of little faith!

I read about a story where this happened. The pilots quickly
found the plane uncontrollable to the point where they asked for
vectors to ditch into the ocean so the crash wouldn't hurt
anybody on the ground at least... but they couldn't even control
it well enough to successfully navigate out there. They kept
flying in random directions and ended up over ground again, but
had enough altitude to keep trying again.

After quite some time though, they actually recognized the
"random, uncontrollable" aircraft actually was responding to
their inputs in a predictable pattern, it was just all messed up.
As they figured it out and learned how to fly with these bizarro
controls, their initial panic subsided and they were able to
successfully return to the airport for a safe landing!

(of course there are other similar stories without the happy
ending so your point is good, but i like this story)