[OT] C vs C++

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 19:15:41 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 27 August 2022 at 01:22:31 UTC, zjh wrote:
> On Friday, 26 August 2022 at 21:16:20 UTC, Dukc wrote:
>> C++ is meant as an advancement of C.
>
> The choice between `C++ 'and' C ` is very simple. Because `C++`
> can be more abstract.
>
> In my eyes, the advantages of the `latest C++`: `templates,
> concepts, variable template parameters, folding expressions
> (very convenient), `, and `corotine` etc. There are also
> various easy-to-use `containers`.

That's roughly what I'd think too. Still, so much excellent
programmers pick C over C++, at least according to the article I
linked.

Why they do that, that's what I'm wondering. I can maybe
understand it for some firmware or device driver where everything
is so low-level anyway that C++ doesn't offer much benefit but
otherwise it's just mind-boggling.

>  What `d` needed is to reasonably `arrange` personnel and
> determine the order of the `problems` to be solved.

D wipes the floor with both of them anyway.