Advent of Code 2022 anyone?

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 05:35:12 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 1 December 2022 at 14:55:38 UTC, Ivan Kazmenko wrote:
> Hey, are you doing Advent of Code this year?
> https://adventofcode.com/2022
>
> It's 25 days, one programming problem in two parts, each day.
> Common motivations are:
> * use it to learn something new (language, programming
> paradigm, ...)
> * compete for being the first 100 to solve
> * just have fun
>
> Didn't see any D solutions posted for the first day, posted
> mine:
> (spoiler warning if you plan to take part!)
> https://www.reddit.com/r/adventofcode/comments/z9ezjb/comment/iyhhmuf

Thanks for the link. BTW, just noticed the following
advertisement randomly showing up on the adventofcode website:

> Our [sponsors](https://adventofcode.com/2022/sponsors) help
> make Advent of Code possible:
>
> [Kotlin by JetBrains](https://kotlinlang.org/) - Trees, lists,
> packages - it's Advent of Code time! Get ready to solve puzzles
> in Kotlin. Watch us livestream our discussions about the
> solutions for the first few puzzles, join our leaderboard, win
> prizes. Happy holidays!

Kotlin people are using this event to promote their language. So
indeed, posting D solutions on reddit may be useful. As an
alternative to Kotlin/Rust/Python.

Also "being the first 100 to solve" is really difficult when
there are more than 168K participants. Scoring 0 points every day
is a bit demotivating.