Typical security issues in C++: why the GC isn't your enemy

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Dec 8 17:55:21 UTC 2022

Very good post!

On 12/5/2022 11:57 AM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Similarly, D's initialized-by-default variables are often touted as a
> big thing, but overall issues with uninitialized variables only
> constitute about 1% of the total issues.

True, I did not encounter this bug that often. But, and this is a big but, they
cost me a *lot* of time to find, sometimes days. This is because when you'd
close in on where the bug was, it would dance away. The way it exhibits is
totally dependent on everything else in the program.

That's why it's a very serious problem.