What Julia Does Right

zjh fqbqrr at 163.com
Fri Dec 9 02:10:01 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 8 December 2022 at 17:47:42 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Here's a good thought provoking article:
>
> https://viralinstruction.com/posts/goodjulia/
>
> A couple of things stood out for me:
>

> 1.
> https://viralinstruction.com/posts/goodjulia/#the_package_manager_is_amazing
>
> I've never thought of a package manager that way.

I just saw the `neat` language which based on `D`. I think
`language plug-in` is really a very good concept. The `D` plug-in
author can specifically `open/close` some `D` features In this
way, the author of the `D` plug-in does not need to set up a
separate branch, but directly set up a sub branch under the
`plug-in` directory of the`D`language. The author of the `D`
plug-in can use the latest `D` features at any time, and the`D`
user can also enjoy the `D` plug-in feature.
In this way, people do not need to establish branches of `'D'`.