What Julia Does Right

Guillaume Piolat first.last at spam.org
Fri Dec 9 12:06:11 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 8 December 2022 at 17:47:42 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:

> 1.
> https://viralinstruction.com/posts/goodjulia/#the_package_manager_is_amazing
>
> I've never thought of a package manager that way.

At the end of the day, someone that uses the package manager,
will have much less contact with the compiler directly. The
package manager is the primary entry and you "speak" more with it
than any other tool. On this regards, DUB having colors is more
significant than dmd having colors.

The only reason I would type `dmd` or `ldc2` nowadays is to
reduce a bug for Bugzilla.

Modern UI toolkits like comes with a commandline tool which you
do most of it, for example flutter. It's like a nice interface
for "doing things with the library".