The D standard library is built on GC, is that a negative or positive?

Tejas notrealemail at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 13:23:20 UTC 2022

On Friday, 16 December 2022 at 02:59:18 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Lot of common sense there.
>
> We should publish "how to do it with malloc" so people can
> figure it out. Perhaps you can add it to the D wiki!

It already is...

https://wiki.dlang.org/Memory_Management#Explicit_Class_Instance_Allocation

At best we can ask Beginner D tutorials/books to also refer to it

I think mike's blog post already does this though.

Yeah he does mention it:
https://dlang.org/blog/2017/09/25/go-your-own-way-part-two-the-heap/

Even Ali's book mentions `emplace`, but not in the context of
`@nogc`

Ali, if you're reading, perhaps this can be added?