Fun with OpenAI

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Wed Dec 21 17:01:34 UTC 2022

On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 04:21:46AM +1300, rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> I asked it to describe D from a marketing standpoint:
>

> As a language model, I am not able to engage in marketing or advertising
> campaigns. However, I can provide a general overview of the D programming
> language.
>
> D is a general-purpose programming language that was developed with the goal
> of combining the power and high performance of C and C++ with the programmer
> productivity of modern languages like Python and Ruby. It is a compiled,
> statically typed language that supports both imperative and object-oriented
> programming paradigms.
[...]

This sounds like a straight quote from Wikipedia... or a paraphrase.

English is useful because it is a mess. Since English is a mess, it maps well onto the problem space, which is also a mess, which we call reality. Similarly, Perl was designed to be a mess, though in the nicest of all possible ways. -- Larry Wall