Fun with OpenAI

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 19:30:01 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 21 December 2022 at 19:14:37 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> IOW it's just a smarter way to dress up the same information
> that's already available online and found by traditional means.
>  Nothing to see here, move along.

Well I can't tell all the facts, but it is capable of generating
completely new text to some extent by increasing algorithm
'temperature' parameter and other sampling methods (top K, top P,
etc..), still it is true that one have to input at least some
certain minimal amount of data in order to make it produce
something of value.

here is an illustration of default greedy sampling method that
illustrates decision path with learned data with probability
score on each branch, red dotted path illustrates the naive
greedy path, and IIRC the red line illustrates choosing more than
one beam.

So basically just mix and match these stuff until it start making
sense (c)

https://i.imgur.com/mMW6qbl.png