Fixing C's Biggest Mistake

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Thu Dec 22 00:54:11 UTC 2022

On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 12:22:18AM +0000, Hipreme via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> Nope. I really doubt people nowadays are going to create new big
> projects using C.
[...]

You'll be surprised. I'm being paid to work on very large C projects
every day, and my employer is regularly introducing new product lines
following the same model (i.e., large projects heavily focused on C).
And by "very large" I'm talking about millions of lines of code with
complex interacting subsystems, each of which may in itself be a large C
sub-project.

Much as we all wish C will see its sunset soon, it's still going to be
sticking around for a good long time before it buckles under its own
weight.

Computers shouldn't beep through the keyhole.