Fixing C's Biggest Mistake

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 16:07:07 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 21 December 2022 at 19:09:37 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> I'm wondering. Should I just go ahead and implement [..] in
> ImportC?

I don't think it will be of much use. If I want to compile an
existing C project, it won't have D slices. If I want to write
new code, I presumably want to write standard C. If I'm willing
to restrict myself to use a D compiler to compile my code, why in
the world would I write C?

That said, the feature would not cause issues either since it
doesn't need to be used. If it's already worth making for easing
testing of other ImportC features, it probably doesn't hurt
having it as a curiosity for users.