arsd users: weigh in on proposed breaking change

Greggor Greggor at notareal.email
Fri Dec 23 07:55:31 UTC 2022

I use some of your stuff so I'll chime in. I don't automatically
pull in files and so the updates to modules is done by hand in my
case, so you adding a few dependencies is not a problem.

But I do not pull in the full arsd repo & I'd hate to see that to
become a requirement. In general I love the "its just a few files
you can add" to dependency management, but I don't mind it
becoming a couple of files.

As for event loop stuff, there is a golden rule in my eyes, as
long as there is a way to own the loop, just call a poll/dispatch
function and I can still use the thread, there should be no issue
with it.

The moment that is not the case that's when that type of stuff
turns painful :^)