Fixing C's Biggest Mistake

GrimMaple grimmaple95 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 14:24:36 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 22 December 2022 at 21:18:04 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 12/22/2022 2:21 AM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>> Which no one will ever use. :-)
>
> They were very useful for the ImportC test suite.

What you are saying is, ImportC is only useful for, well, ImportC.

I'm sorry, but I can't understand your game here. A few posts
back you're saying:
> Versioning comes with other problems. The most significant is
> we lack sufficient staff to maintain multiple versions.
Yet, for maintaining multiple obscure dialects of D there IS
enough staff? So, is there enough, or is there not?

There's D, there's worseD ("better" C if you want). Now there's
evenWorseD, which is basically going back straight to C. And I
picked D specifically because I wanted to break free from C/C++.

What is your goal even, do you care about D at all? I'm going to
great lengths to write software that's pure D, and when the
creator of D gives up and starts "fixing" other languages, that's
a huge off point to many.