Fixing C's Biggest Mistake

RTM riven at baryonides.ru
Sat Dec 24 09:20:26 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 24 December 2022 at 08:57:45 UTC, GrimMaple wrote:
> It's the fact that you keep introducing half-baked solutions so
> nobody understands what the heck to focus on, and what to fix.

Sometimes it works. SIMD features were added that way, and it
brought D into Remedy’s games.

To the topic.
ImportC is good thing. There are lots and lots of libraries
written in C.
Extending C syntax is definitely not, it’s a time wasted. No one
can beat Herb Sutter (CPPfront).

All D needs is:
1. Roadmap
2. Stick to it

If D2 cannot be fixed because of codebase (= cashflow from
professional users) - it’s okay, we all need to eat.

It just means D3. Python did it, why D can’t?