Send me your list of D gripes and wishes

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 05:05:33 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 24 December 2022 at 13:46:33 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

> I invite every member of the D community to email me at
> social at dlang.org with your specific gripes about the current
> state of D and the things you'd like to see in the future
> (changes, new features, etc). But don't write in general terms.
> Be specific.

Thanks to everyone who has emailed me so far. I've received some
long, thoughtful responses. Some of it has gone beyond the
actionable and more into the philosophical/ideological, but
that's welcome, too.

I hope to see more feedback in the coming days and weeks. I want
*a lot of feedback* from several different people. Every email
I've gotten so far has focused on different things. Some of it
I've read before, but I need a large sample so I can identify the
top most common gripes and wish list items.

So I'll periodically post a reminder here in the forums until I
have enough to work with.

In the meantime, I hope everyone enjoys the holidays and has a
safe and Happy New Year.