Send me your list of D gripes and wishes

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 19:17:51 UTC 2022

On Monday, 26 December 2022 at 08:34:23 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 12/25/2022 7:57 PM, Paul Backus wrote:
>> I agree that the friction cannot be reduced to zero. I still
>> think it is probably possible to reduce it to, say, 50% of its
>> current amount, without compromising on quality.
>
> It's that people reach intractable positions, not that they're
> arguing about off-topic things.

In your experience, do these discussions typically end once an
impasse has been reached, or do they continue to go in circles
until all parties have exhausted themselves?

My impression is that many fall into the latter category. Having
a moderator cut these fruitless arguments off at the legs would
prevent a lot of unnecessary frustration.