call traceback is indecipherable garbage

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 15:41:33 UTC 2022

On Monday, 31 January 2022 at 20:43:21 UTC, forkit wrote:
> On Monday, 31 January 2022 at 15:57:44 UTC, FeepingCreature
> wrote:
>
>> I think it's better by default to give more info rather than
>> less. You can always ignore stuff you don't care about; you
>> can't anti-ignore stuff that was never printed.
>
> Knowing what frames are on the call stack when an exception is
> caught by the runtime is a 'debugging aid'. I do not see the
> case for having it printed by default, resulting in end-users
> trying to decipher it's nonsense.

End-users are not supposed to decipher this nonsense. They are
supposed to paste it in a bugreport reported against your
application, so that you can decipher it. Some applications even
have built-in pop-up dialogs, suggesting the user to send a crash
report to developers with just a single button click.